In the summer time I love to make things that don’t need backing; because of the heat in the kitchen that everybody hates and runs from it.
So , I found this amazing recipe that doesn’t need any backing, easy to make and very tasty . For this recipe you just need a refrigerator and a little time, because this cake must stay at cold for a few hours.
It looks spectacular and it can take the place of a birthday cake or a desert you want to impress with . I’ve done it for my father’s birthday, and my family was very excited about they way it looked and mostly of the way it tasted.
- 400 gr digestive biscuits/graham crackers
- 150 gr melted butter
For the cream :
- 600 gr cream cheese
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 150 gr powdered sugar
- 100 ml water (cold)
- 100 ml milk (hot)
- 10 gr gelatin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the jelly :
- 300 gr strawberries
- 100 ml water
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 10 gr gelatin
- 300 gr strawberries fresh
- First we will crumble the biscuits with a mini food processor
- Over the crushed biscuits we put the melted butter and we mix with a fork to incorporate well the butter with the biscuits. If you want you can use any other type of biscuits instead of digestive biscuits, like chocolate biscuits for example.
- We mixed well the biscuits until they reached the texture of wet sand.
- For the crust we need a 24 cm ring/tray. In this ring we put the biscuits. We flatten slightly with the hand and then we use a glass to flatten well and get a compact counter top.
- We then put the crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until it will be well toughen.
- To prepare the cream we will begin with softening the gelatin in cold water; gelatin mixture and leave for 10 minutes to swell well. Then we’ll put it over the hot milk. Mix well, enough to melt the gelatin. Then we go back and we continue with the rest of the cream.
- We put in a bowl the cream cheese that is at room temperature, add sugar and vanilla and mixing everything well enough to get a perfect homogeneous mixture. Then add the liquid cream, little by little. We increase the speed and then we will beat cream for another 5 minutes. Then we and the milk and gelatin, everything little by little.
- We’ll deal with fresh strawberries now – we have to cut the stem, then we cut the strawberries in half. They are for decoration, they will decorate the walls of the cheesecake.
- After the crust has hardened we will decorate it all around with the strawberries that we had sliced earlier.
- Finally we will add the cream that we had prepared earlier. She is liquid now but it will harden in the refrigerator.
- We will put the cake in the fridge for 5-6 hours or overnight is the best.
- We now move to the jelly : for starters we hydrate the gelatin in 10 ml of water and we mix, water must me at room temperature and let the gelatin for 10 minutes to swell.
- While the gelatin swells we move and put the strawberries on the hot plate together with the sugar and mix them easily – let them on fire for about 5 minutes.
- After boiling for 5 minutes we stop the fire and we live them aside to cold down a little . We pass them until we obtain a puree. We leave the puree to cool for 5 minutes. We pour the gelatin over the hot sauce and mix for the gelatin to melt and then we let the sauce to cool down, to reach room temperature.
- After the cake hardened we can put we can put the jelly that has cooled down and has reached room temperature over it . Then again put the cake in the refrigerator for another 2-3 hours or overnight.
- After the jelly hardened we remove it from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature for 15 minutes to be more easily removed from the tray.
This is everything ! Very easy to make and very tasty !