Because it’s summer and so hot my fruits don’t last as much as usual and I found myself with lots of bananas that in 2 days where already overripe So, I’ve decided to do a Banana bread with them but I’ve changed it a little then in my first banana bread recipe and made it more interesting and filled with more yummy ingredients. The recipe is very easy to prepare like it was in the first banana bread recipe that I made.
It results in a very tasty moist bread filled with bananas, walnuts and coconut flakes.
- 150 gr sugar
- 110 gr butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 250 gr white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gr coconut flakes
- 90 gr walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease the tray with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, coconut flakes, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Add vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the mashed bananas. Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour mixture and walnuts.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan, be sure that the tray is a little higher so the dough will have enough room to grow
- Leave it in the oven at medium temperature about 1 hour, until well browned. Then remove it and leave it for about 10 minutes in the tray to cool down.
- After 10 min put it on a plate and leave to cool completely.