Since now is the period when you can find fresh blueberries everywhere and because I really love them since they are so good, and also because they are rich in vitamin C witch maintains a balances and healthy immune system I wanted to prepare a lovely recipe with them. So, I’ve decided to make this gorgeous Blueberry Muffins that are light, fluffy and ultra-soft. I went a little heavy on the blueberries because I wanted them in every single bite.
These blueberry muffins are perfect for spring and summertime. Though by using frozen blueberries you could make them year round! Trust me, after one taste – you’ll want to make them every chance you get.
- 200 gr flour
- 150 gr blueberries
- 130 gr sugar
- 80 gr butter at room temperature
- 140 gr cream
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 gr baking powder
- a little salt
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven at 175 C
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Set aside
- In another bowl mix the butter and the sugar then add the eggs, cream, vanilla and the lemon zest until combined and uniform in texture
- Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until no lumps remain.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter among 12 cupcake liners and bake in batches for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them coll for 10 minutes before serving.