This is a quick and delicious recipe that tastes heavenly, it is also quite healthy and perfect for taking to the office or for the kids to take to school . I fell in love with these, I have to say! And my boyfriend too!
The recipe is incredibly simple. It requires rolled oats, honey and brown sugar . And, of course, the delicious, rich butter to bring everything together. And from here, you can experiment with adding chocolate chips, dried fruits or nuts – I added coconut flakes and almond slices, but the sky is the limit to be honest, so let your creativity go wild and create the flapjack of your dream!
- 125 gr butter
- 125 gr brown sugar
- 200 gr rolled oats
- 50 gr coconut flakes
- 50 gr almond slices
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter to grease the pan
- 50 gr white chocolate to decorate
- In a bowl, combine the oats with the coconut flakes, almond slices and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix the butter with the sugar, golden syrup and treacle. Place the saucepan over low heat and cook 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick. Remove it from heat and stir in the vanilla or any other flavorings you desire. Pour this mixture over the rolled oats and quickly mix until the oats are well incorporated into the liquid ingredients.
- Grease a small square pan with butter then spoon the oats mixture into the pan. Press it well with the back of your spoon and bake in the preheated oven at 350F for 20-25 minutes until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes then flip it over on a chopping board and cut into small squares.
- When the flapjacks are chilled, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the bars. Refrigerate 10 minutes to allow it to set then serve. Store the flapjacks in an airtight container up to a few days… if they last that long!