Today I’m sharing with you a modern recipe mash up I made for my boyfriend in a hurry because I didn’t had to much time to cook after a busy day at the office. It’s all of the goodness of chicken parmesan, turned into a baked ziti dish. When I found this recipe I knew that this will a great idea because we both love pasta.
To make the baked ziti, I cooked up a batch of penne ziti and then tossed it with the sauce. Then for the “chicken parmesan” twist, I added in some shredded boiled and after that pan-fry chicken and lots of grated Parmesan.
- 12 ounces penne ziti (or any pasta shape)
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cook the chicken in a large stockpot of well-salted boiling water and after that pan-fry the chicken.
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of well-salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain. Return pasta to the stockpot and add chicken and tomato sauce. Gently toss to combine until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Pour half of the pasta into a greased 11×7-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese . Layer the remaining half of the pasta evenly on top. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and just barely starts to turn golden. Remove and sprinkle immediately with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.