Here is a lovely little Christmas Cookie recipe for you all to try that I’ve been wanting to make for a while and didn’t have time to post them before Christmas . But the recipe is perfect for all kind of cookies depending on the cutters. ! It’s simple, tasty and these cookies make a great present…if you can trust yourself not to eat them all !
I love sugar cookies that are crisp on the outside and very chewy on the inside.
- 300 gr flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ginger, cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 puff of salt
- 100 gr sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 spoons honey
- 100 gr butter – cold from the fridge
- We mix the flour with the pepper, spices, sugar , salt and baking powder
- We then add the butter with the dry ingredients
- We mix the honey with the eggs and we put it over the dry ingredients
- When dough is ready assemble and can be cut into different shapes.
- We bake them at 175° for 15-20 minutes until they
Royal Icing :
- 2 egg whites
- 450 gr confectioners sugar
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Put the Egg withes in and add 2/3 sugar about 300 gr . Start mixing it on low speed to get it all incorporated and after this we increase the speed for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sugar on low speed and then on medium until everything is well combined,
- We add 5 drops of lemon juice to have a nice glossy look.
- If you want to be thicker add more confectioners sugar and if you want to have it a little thinner add more lemon juice